The Eighth "Create the Future" Design Contest is now open for entries. The
contest is an opportunity to receive global recognition and a cash prize
of $20,000 for a breakthrough product idea. Contest begins March 1, 2010 and ends June 30, 2010. We must receive your entry by 11:59 pm ET on June 30, 2010.
Six categories for your entry:
* Consumer Products -- Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
* Machinery and Equipment -- Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
* Medical Products -- Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
* Safety and Security -- Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
* Sustainable Technologies -- Products that help reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
* Transportation -- Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
For official rules and to submit your entry, go to: http://contest.techbriefs.com/
Science, Technology, Business, Development, Innovation, Business Plans, Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility, Open Source, Software, DIY, Citizen Science, Research, University, Laboratory, Startups, Spin-offs, Society, High Tech, Appropriate Technology, Inventors, Scientists, Technologists, Health, Global Change, Poverty, Third World, Design, Green, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, BoP, Communities, Networks, Jam, Creative Commons, Wiki, Hacking, Labs, Public Domain, Pro Poor, Sustainability, Renovable Energy, Research, Nature, Peer to Peer, Books, Teaching, Web 2.0, On Line Learning, Lemelson RAMP, Google Summer of Code, Google Code In, Google Science Fair, Intel Challenge, BIOMOD, OLPC, iGEM, IDDS, Microtelcos, Wireless, Create the Future Design Contest, Moonbots, Knowledge, Entrepreneurs, Open Access, Inventions, Incubators, Projects, Engineering, Engineers, Women, Policy, Popular Science, Astronomy, Agriculture, Water, Climate Change, REE, Hacker Spaces, Open Innovation, Yachachiq, BiD Network, Technoserve, Peru, MOOC, Crowdfunding, Startup Chile, Startup Peru, Instructables, NASA, FabLab, FoodLab, GSoC, GCI