As cell phones have become an increasingly conspicuous part of everyday life, they have also become more and more powerful, equipped with computer operating systems and more features being added with every new model, but there are concerns among the blind and visually impaired community as to whether or not these and other cell phone features will be accessible.
Phones with assistive commercial software loaded on them certainly give blind and visually impaired people access to many more features than the other phones. However, the cost of these phone/software combinations are very high, putting them out of the price range of most blind and visually impaired people.
Objetive A is develop a screen magnifier application that:
* Support 2x,4x,6x and reverse color.
* Magnifying the area of interest as you navigate through the phone's user interface.
* The user must pan up and down, in addition to left and right, to read all the letters in the screen and through multiple lines of text.
* Users could take advantage of the magnification feature when viewing photographs and webpages to make the Mobile Internet accessible.
Objetive B is develop a screen reader application that:
* Provide voice output to access menus and screen information through the easy-to-understand speech synthesizer.
* Voice characteristics, such as speed, pitch, volume, and key echo, can be adjusted according to user preferences.
* Including access to status indicators, the contacts application, calendar, text and multimedia messaging, e-mail and Web browsing.
* Provides speech output to identify the punctuation marks and symbols while you scroll through the list to choose one of them.
* Speech output: English, French, Spanish.
Objetive C is develop an Authentication and Identity Verification System that:
* Enable mobile devices to conduct a wide range of secure financial transactions, including the ability to act as debit card, receive and pays bills, savings, money transfers, person to person transactions and buy airtime for a prepaid mobile phone subscription. Customers can have orders and stop orders.
* Support local language voice instructions.
* Support biometric fingerprint identitication.
* To ensure that retail agents do not defraud customers when they take their cash.
* Retail agents are not permitted to collect more cash in a day than the balance of funds in the account.
Science, Technology, Business, Development, Innovation, Business Plans, Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility, Open Source, Software, DIY, Citizen Science, Research, University, Laboratory, Startups, Spin-offs, Society, High Tech, Appropriate Technology, Inventors, Scientists, Technologists, Health, Global Change, Poverty, Third World, Design, Green, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, BoP, Communities, Networks, Jam, Creative Commons, Wiki, Hacking, Labs, Public Domain, Pro Poor, Sustainability, Renovable Energy, Research, Nature, Peer to Peer, Books, Teaching, Web 2.0, On Line Learning, Lemelson RAMP, Google Summer of Code, Google Code In, Google Science Fair, Intel Challenge, BIOMOD, OLPC, iGEM, IDDS, Microtelcos, Wireless, Create the Future Design Contest, Moonbots, Knowledge, Entrepreneurs, Open Access, Inventions, Incubators, Projects, Engineering, Engineers, Women, Policy, Popular Science, Astronomy, Agriculture, Water, Climate Change, REE, Hacker Spaces, Open Innovation, Yachachiq, BiD Network, Technoserve, Peru, MOOC, Crowdfunding, Startup Chile, Startup Peru, Instructables, NASA, FabLab, FoodLab, GSoC, GCI